Sunday, July 8, 2018

Week 24.1: Kitchen is in!

Hi all,

I am very pleased to say that our kitchen is in! We decided this weekend we wouldn't go visit the block (only because we had a few things to do) annnnnd no, we didn't get a chance to go to Beacon lighting or select our blinds. I am a little scared now as we are probably going to be pressed for time

Anyway, hubby's brother stopped by the block as him and his wife are building very close to us and he called to say our kitchen went in this week! Unfortunately we don't really get thorough updates from the supervisor but thats okay as long as our build is going smoothly and things are actually progressing on site.

SS did tell us however that the guy who was doing the doors hurt himself (very sad) so I'm not sure if he will be continuing the job or if they will assign someone else to the job. I'm really hoping this doesn't hold us up any longer than all the delays we have had. I have been seeing on fb that many people have already received their keys to their home and I was so envious!

Soon enough I guess. This week is week 25, so there is 5 weeks left in our contract build time.
I really truly hope they can stick to this and just get it done.

Also, an update... our party wall was supposed to be rendered however it was covered in gyprock so we ended up getting a deduction on our total price as it was factored in on our contract. -$3k. I know its not much, but every cent counts right?

Here are some pictures below thanks to my brother in law :)




No comments:

Post a Comment